More Than $1.9M Of Disaster Recovery Funds Paid To Northern Beaches Council

Designs Revealed for $300M ‘Sandstones’ Hotel
November 10, 2016
Drug Innovation Fund Now Open
November 10, 2016

More Than $1.9M Of Disaster Recovery Funds Paid To Northern Beaches Council

NSW Treasurer Dominic Perrottet

Minister for Justice Michael Keenan and NSW Minister for Finance, Services and Property Dominic Perrottet today announced payment of $1,965,264 in recovery assistance to the Northern Beaches Council for damage caused by the East Coast Storms and Floods of 20 April 2015.

Minister Keenan said the assistance was being provided through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).

“Recovering from natural disasters can be a time consuming and difficult task for local communities,” Mr Keenan said.

“That is why the Commonwealth and New South Wales governments are committed to continue working together to assist the Northern Beaches community as it recovers from the impact of last year’s storms and floods.”

Minister Perrottet said the funds would reimburse the Northern Beaches Council for costs associated with debris clean-up and restoration of essential public assets.

“The NDRRA program provides councils with the confidence to proactively step into recovery mode without delay, knowing that they will be able to access funding for disaster recovery activities,” Mr Perrottet said.

“This funding demonstrates the commitment of both our governments to invest in the recovery of disaster affected communities by ensuring damaged assets can be restored.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Want the latest news sent to you?

Get the latest political news and insights from Dominic Perrottet delivered straight to your inbox.
Name
Email address
Secure and Spam free...