Member for Hawkesbury Dominic Perrottet today called on organisations to apply for a share in the $1.1 million Youth Opportunities funding available to support local youth.
One-off grants of up to $50,000 are available for projects that engage young people to lead and participate in community development activities.
Mr Perrottet encouraged the local council and all local organisations with a youth focused project to apply.
“This is a great opportunity for our community and organisations with innovative ideas to support and engage our local youth should throw their hat in the ring.” Mr Perrottet said.
Since 2012, Youth Opportunities has provided almost $8 million in funding to more than 148 projects across NSW.
Funded projects from previous rounds have focused on giving young people the opportunity to develop a diverse range of skills, including leadership, communication, and teamwork, as well as event management and planning.
Minister responsible for youth, Ray Williams recently announced the opening of the grants and encouraged organisations to apply.
“Equipping our youth with key skills is essential to support them with getting the most out of life, as well as forging a successful career.
“I am delighted to announce the Youth Opportunities team are accepting new applications for the next round of grants for this program,” Mr Williams said.
ln October last year the NSW Government announced $1.1 million for 28 new Youth Opportunities projects currently being implemented across NSW.
The online application process opens on Monday 22 May 2017 and closes on Monday 26 June 2017. Successful applications will be announced later in 2017.
To apply for a Youth Opportunities grant or for more information, visit www.youth.nsw.gov.au/youth-opportunities.